Hi, I’m Ivan, professional web software engineer with 15 years of experience in building web products of high load, scale and complexity using various technologies.
From mid 2013 to the end of 2016 I worked at Microsoft R&D center in Zurich, leading a front-end team responsible for building Microsoft Social Engagement, complex web product for social data acquisition, analytics and cross-channel engagement, part of Microsoft Dynamics 365 offer. Currently, I am providing services in the domain of web software engineering as an independent contractor.
Through years I worked in number of roles and gathered experiences from almost every aspect of the software development process, from quality assurance to people and project management. I acquired deep understanding of:
- Object-oriented, functional programming paradigms and advanced programming concepts.
- Design and implementation of client and backend architectures.
- Team leadership, organisation and project delivery based on agile principles.
- Focus on analysis and design of business goals through communication with product management
- Process of continuous delivery, deployment and production operations of a web product.
- Quality assurance process organisation and test automation
- People management based on growth mindset and aspiration towards personal growth and excellence.
- Hiring, team expansion and product growth as member of a product lead group.
- Working in international, distributed remote setup across continents.
Through my work I focused my expertise on the application side of the projects where I regularly contributed as a full-stack web developer. I have used mostly following technologies:
- Java (Spring, Jetty, Maven, GWT), Ruby, PHP
- Puppet, Docker, Azure
As a curious engineer, I am committed to continuous improvement of my technical and non-technical skills needed for best possible contribution in the process of web product delivery.